Goo goo ga ga for Gingham - Style alert
Posted on August 10 2017
Alleged to have been born in South East Asia, this centuries old style continues to make statements this Summer. Gingham is a printed or dyed fabric that usually comes in some variation of a white and bold color in a checked pattern.
ABOVE: Collage Vintage
The name Gingham actually comes from the Malaysian word genggang, which means striped. This show stopper has been creeping back into many wardrobes, and we are not complaining.
ABOVE: Michael Kors Ready to Wear
From the runway to the alley way, there are so many ways to make this print pop.
Try it street chic, casual chic, or classic and girly -- you're not losing any stripes in our books.
So if you're now goo goo ga ga for Gingham and you're already plotting some styles in your head, we played fashion cupid and put together 5 ideas featuring our favorite combos:
1. Pair a blue and white Gingham print with an exotic leopard print handbag or other exotic print accessory. The contrast is everything.
2. Layer a Gingham print dress over a white shirt. You can even try a printed button down if you're really in it to win it.
3. Combine a high waist Gingham skirt with a cropped top for the ultimate girly look.
4. Go in for the dive and wear a matching Gingham top and shorts set for a classic take on the style. Pair with a nice satchel handbag to complete the look.
5. Tuck a gingham button down under a jacket and pair with distressed denim
SHOP THIS STORY